Jack interviews Emma Harris, formerly of Guavapass which was one of Asia’s most high profile tech startups and arguably the most disruptive and interesting fitness business in Asia during their time in business
ClassPass entered the Asian market in 2018 and after a brief territorial battle, Guavapass was acquired by ClassPass for $4.2m in early 2019.
Emma talks about their incredible startup journey which offers lessons and insights for anyone in Asia’s fitness industry or in the tech startup scene.
- The beginning of Guavapass – Asia’s biggest fitness tech startup
- How Guavapass muscled into the Asian fitness market
- How Guavapass worked from the studio side
- Rapid scaling across Asia
- Grow fast, fail fast, recover quickly
- How the Asian market developed 2015-2019
- Common problems that studios would ask Emma help for
- How marketing differed from country to country
- Bangkok vs Singapore fitness market growth
- Asian brands expanding internationally